Thursday 24 January 2013

The Reason I do not Date

I am sorry, I Do Not Date. I do not wish to. I believe the ONE I am betrothed to by the heavens is out there, keeping Vigil: She is terrified I will give up the wait and I am terrified some man will Impersonate My Heart. I hope she too will not date either; I know that if I don’t find her, She Will Find Me. And so I wait.
I do not date. My heart has to remain untarnished. For her. I do not dream of the day I will see her, because I do not need to. My Heart Already Knows. I do not imagine how she looks, because my soul sees her in my mind’s eye. I do not need to create allusions as to her smile, her lips, her eyes, her hips. That will soil my soul and shut off my senses finely tuned to finding her. I will cease to look for her heart and start searching for fleeting skin-deep beauty. She Is More Than That. Her soul has to sing to me, and I will be waiting!
The reason I do not date---I will liken the girl I set my eyes on, to her. I will attempt to fit her imprint in my soul to the girl I see. Before long, my soul will pick up the scent of the new girl and I will forget my quest. Because the new girl is betrothed to someone too as I am betrothed to her. She is special to someone as is my special girl. So I will break two hearts. No, three hearts, due to my selfishness.
So I do not date. I Simply Lie In Wait, ready to ambush the one I love- you know, jump out of the shadows and say, “SURPRISE!!!”
Let’ s only hope I don’t catch her in one of those WTF moments!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful words penned by a master!....Whoever this girl is...waiting for you...she will not be disappointed when your souls meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thank you. You make me grin like a fool! and I met her already. We fight like hell, and I make to leave, only to find myself back in her embrace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soul mates need to collide from time to time...that's why they're soul mates...even in temper they fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah! You are so wise. You must be an old soul, at least 1000 years under your belt. :D

    ReplyDelete